Saturday, January 25, 2014

Raggedy Robins

Growing up my mom made these every once in awhile, they've always been one of my brother's favorites.  She taught me at a young age how to make them myself since I've always loved to bake.  The name I've heard the most is Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies, we just always called them Raggedy Robins.  I hadn't made them in years but the other night the husband told me he had a craving for chocolate and peanut butter.  Instead of heading out in the bitter cold we have been experiencing in DC, I told him I had the ingredients to make him something at home.

For Raggedy Robins you need

2 cups sugar
4 tbsp cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla 
3 1/2 cups oats

In a medium size saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, butter and milk to a boil for about a minute.  I always add the butter first and let it melt a little to coat the pan.






Rolling boil
 Mix in oats, vanilla and peanut butter. 


Ready to be put on wax paper
Make sure you have the wax paper ready because the contents of the pan will start hardening right away.  Use a tablespoon to drop cookies on the wax paper.  They're not the prettiest looking cookies but they are delicious!  Plus they take less then 10 minutes to make.  The hardest part if waiting for them to cool!  I made a half recipe since it was just the two of us and it turned out to be exactly what the husband needed to satisfy his craving.



No comments:

Post a Comment