Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hungry Girl Buffalo Chicken Dip with Old Bay

A couple years ago when we were first dating, I made my husband the Hungry Girl Buffalo Chicken Dip.  He loves it so I make it for special occasions, like for the Super Bowl last week.  I wouldn't say its healthy but its definitely a healthier option then a lot of the other dips and snacks.  Also it tastes great with veggies, I just cut up what we had in the fridge which was celery and green pepper.  We had some chips as well but mostly stuck with the veggies.

  When it's just us I make just half the recipe and for large parties I often double it.  The only change I make is using a chicken breast instead of the canned chicken the original recipe calls for and adding Old Bay.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot original cayenne pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fat free ranch dressing
1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
Old Bay Seasoning


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.  Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.   Sprinkle Old Bay seasoning on the top for extra flavor.


Buffalo Chicken Dip with Old Bay sprinkled on top

The veggies make it healthy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment